Who are we?
The SEC was established in the early 1980s to promote education of the Sikh way of life and to work within society for the betterment of all mankind. As a registered charity and company limited by guarantee we have the utmost regard for operating within approved guidelines and protocol. All of our staff are dedicated volunteers and professional in their engagements on behalf of the organisation. We are funded entirely by independent donations and do not receive any Government or community funding.
What are our aims?
- organise social/religious studies and academic discussion of matters affecting the Sikh community;
- write (and commission) material to be published in periodicals, magazines, books, journals and leaflets;
- hold public meetings, lectures, classes, seminars, courses and exhibitions;
- undertake, sponsor and promote academic research within Sikh studies; and
- contribute financially towards projects of cultural importance to the Sikh community.